Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Returning Home Seminar

Seminar?

When I hear that word what I picture in my mind is there is a discussion, “questions and answer” session, a moderator. But the seminar that I attended a couple days ago (November 24th, 2007) at University at Sydney, it was slightly difference.

Returning home seminar was a seminar was aimed to greet graduates since they have finished their study either for undergraduate or post graduate international students. Instead of those things, Usyd also provided a little ceremony as if there was a graduation.


So you think we have been finishing our study? The answer was big NO NO since we have not got the final grade yet. So it was possible for us to fail. Please do not ask me how if we fail since I have no idea at all. But my friends believed it would not happen. My friend preferred to call it as “pseudo graduation”.
If you expect it was a huge ceremony…. NO



Left to right: Wayan (aka Sumar), Eni, Dhani, I and Ali.

Did graduates wear formal suit? YES for some of them because they were thinking to appreciate this occasion. However, for some others they just wore t-shirt and jeans. Please comparing to your own experiences when you were graduating from schools. Big gaps ha?


Left to right (front row Wayan and I, back row Fika, Rulli, Eni and Hemma)

Notes: Fika and Hemma are our junior colleagues. They will be studying at the same major and under the same scholarship provider which is HWS. Welcome to reality guys! LOL

Now I am ready to go back to Indonesia………

3 comments:

[H][A][R][R][I][S] said...

Congratulations, Om...

Senangnya dah lulus.....

And welcome home.....

ditunggu makan2nya...

Anonymous said...

Mo pseudo graduation kek, wisuda bo-ongan kek, seminar kek, pokonya makan makan! traktir! Ok?
:D hihi

Milda said...

Mau pulang bro ? Asyiikkkk....kami tunggu di Jakarta ya...(kan mesti lapor dulu ke RT...hehehe...berasa ajahh..)..Lulus gak lulus yg penting prosesnya, and you did it just fine.

Alhamdulillah aku & kelg sehat...apdetan blog-ku mandeg lg ya ?! Itu sih udah jd 'trademark' ku bro..ambil hikmahnya aja ya... :))