This place is located at 30 A Yani road Guntung Manggis Banjarbaru. It takes around 20 minutes from Banjarmasin, the capital city of South Kalimantan (Borneo) by car.
I think, this park is not supposed to be opened because of many reasons or at least the management should delay to open publicly.
1. According to the name, Bekantan Park should display mainly Bekantans. Bekantans are specific animal living in Kalimantan. Even though their common appearances are same as monkeys, their hair body is gold and their nose is longer than other monkeys. Unfortunately, I just found 2 Bekantans. Sadly, one of those was a preservative one. Can we still call this place as Bekantan Park?
2. Instead of one real Bekantan, they just had one life animal which was honey bear. Yes… just one honey bear.
3. They had two small building at the left side of the entrance. I though it was a museum for animal and plants. The fact, I just found artificial animals and plants. I also found some western carton characters such as batman and superman. I think those were not supposed to be there.
4. This place was extremely hot. There were no trees we can sit down under to get fresh air.
5. They also had some buildings for out bond activity. I think this building would become the one and only reasons for me to be back there. Even though I am quite sure, I will not be back