Friday, May 30, 2008
How to become a likeable teacher
OK...Ok... i do know it is little bit serious....
But i think it is important, especially for teachers... is not it?
Being a teacher is a mix between art and knowledge. During delivering your topic, we should create a supportive atmospher hence the students could absorp it happilly. Even one has perfect knowledge on the topic, when she/he doesnot know how to attrack the students to get involve in the class, it would be difficult for students and teachers as well.
Here are some tips that teacher can adopt during giving lectures
1. Respecting your students and not crushing them mentally by negative and judgemental words.
2. Involving them in decision making processes even though the final decision is yours. However sharing responsibilities would help you to control your students in the class.
3. Listening to them when they are talking to you. Not yelling if they do mistakes.
4. Putting the equality, communication, being there for them and always supporting them.
5. Creating a friendly atmospher during giving the lecture by any ways and methods.
6. Speaking clearly during lecturing even though speaking in their zone (jargons etc) is not easy for teachers.
But for sure, it is easier for us to understand them rather than they understand us.
7. Dont give up to them.
This article is cited from here, and the picture is from here.